Monday, May 2, 2011

new balance.

well, let's see..it's been almost a month since i started having my babysitter come over while i workout. i didn't think i'd like the change as much as i do, so i'm pleasantly surprised. it's nice to sleep a little longer in the mornings, but i'm still anxious to get going sooner than the sitter wants to come over, but there's not much i can do about that.
it's nice to go to the gym alone. and soon, i'll be have my workout buddy back and we'll see how that goes too. but as far as the last month goes, it's been great. running and cross-training are still going well, totally loving my runner's world magazine and still keeping my run schedule log. the only thing that's come up in the past few weeks is a heel issue. my left heel has been really hurting so i went to the doctor today to confirm what i thought..plantar fasciitis. i thought i'd need a referral to a sports or foot doctor, but instead i was fixed up right then and there! i ended up opting for the steroid shot in my foot (inner part, near my heel) and was ok'd to get back and running on wednesday. yay! i've done a bunch of research about plantar fasciitis, how to help it, etc, plus the doctor printed out a huge packet of info for me too. so....that's that.
things are going well and i'm excited for more RUNNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment