Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Day to me!

Happy Birthday to me! I arranged a birthday present for myself: a wonderful 6 miles with my favorite running buddy today--my husband! However, it didn't start off as good as I would have hoped. We planned on going to our usual running path, but once we got there...we saw that it was "under construction" so it immediately pissed me off. We drove to another place and it was fine..but it was an unknown path for us..so it confused us. And that pissed me off too. So....pissed off and trying to stay in a good mind frame for a 6 mile run was a bit difficult. The first 2 miles SUCKED ASS. There's no way to sugar coat that..it really did. After that..it got easier. It wasn't my best run, but it was a nice run. I'm thankful that it wasn't snowing..because almost every single year on my birthday it's either snowing, blizzarding or something of the like. It's just what happens. Today felt more like a nice October day instead of a day in March. I'm thankful that I was able to have my husband run with me today. It's something that is really rare these days and I really miss that. Overall, the run was good. The time/pace was good. The path we ran on was different, but pretty. It was a nice change of scenery. I'm really proud of my husband for running the entire 6 with me..not that he hasn't done it before, he's just hasn't been that hardcore into running these past few months so for him to keep up with me and not complain or bring my momentum down was awesome...and for that I'm really proud.

So that's my "Happy Day" report of the day. I "ran" into a new decade and did it with my all-time favorite running buddy.

1 comment: