Saturday, January 28, 2012

2011 in review: late update!

whoops! i just realized that i haven't gotten around to blogging my end of the year stats..here's the total:

463.12 miles! 




i didn't make a mileage goal for 2011 and i'm not sure if i will make a mileage goal for this year either. i'm not sure if it's a good thing or not so good thing for me to do. i'll put that on the back burner of my brain for now. but in 2011 i kept five 10wk run schedules. yes, there were missed runs/workouts (life happens...), yes there were days when i just didn't feel like it. but the best thing about 2011 and the run schedules? i got to run OUTSIDE for the first time..AND with my most favorite running buddy EVER! my husband returned from Afghanistan in May and we were finally able to run together for the first time since i started running. we're good partners because he keeps me going when i feel like i can't and vice versa. he's complimented me and commented on how far i've come since the first time i ran outside with him and how much i've improved. that's really nice to hear and much needed since the first time i ran outside i seriously wanted to give up running. it totally sucked. i didn't like it at all. it just wasn't something i was used to and it made me feel like i was the slowest runner ever. it made me feel like a failure. but nonetheless...i powered through (thanks to my husband) and didn't give up. now i love being outside...such a change from all the way back in May.
and this summer i also ran my first 10k--against myself, of course. but i did it! actually, i did it multiple times. and it was great! i found a nice bike path that quickly became one of my favorite places to run.


so..yeah. those are the highlights of my 2011 running. overall, i'm pretty proud of myself.


and now on to this year. we'll see what's in store for me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Sounds like you're enjoying your running & that's the best part!

    ReplyDelete