Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The key?

A few days ago when I was on a "date" with Millie, doing just fine, trucking along on my run until another person comes into the gym and completely disrupts me. What I mean by that is, I zone out on my runs..like most people tend to do. I have come to love running without my mp3 player. Just me, Millie and my thoughts. Until another person enters the gym, turns on the tv and rips me from my zen-like state. Now I know I may sound spoiled to you, but the gym is in my apartment building and at the hour I use it there is usually no one in there..so I suppose I've become a bit spoiled by having it all to myself.
Back to the point here...I always bring my music with me "just in case." And on that particular day I was quite thankful I did....because I think I may have found the key to being bff's with 'ol Millie.

Classical Relaxation Beethoven with Ocean Sounds.

Yes, you read that correctly. Soothing classical music. It was perfect. Long ago I made a relaxation playlist, normally used for helping me fall asleep on occasion. But in this instance it seemed perfect. And it was! I couldn't believe how as soon as I turned that on it took me back to my zen place. It was like I wasn't even running. It was surreal to be completely honest. I loved every single second of it and have since then used it. I think I finally found something that works for me!

It's really exciting for me since I've been searching for something to keep me sane during the winter season. I'm not sure how long it will last, but for right now, I'm basking in my newfound "key!"

No comments:

Post a Comment