Saturday, January 14, 2012

why?

“Everybody runs in the spring and fall – that’s the easy part. Running in the winter is what makes you a true champion.” -- Simon Bairu”


I found this on twitter today. Why does this quote make me so mad? 

Is it because I chose not to invest in cold weather running gear and should have since it's barely snowed so far this season? Or is it because this "Simon person" thinks they're above others that don't run outside in the winter? 
What makes one runner superior over another? ..besides the whole speed, distance, blah, blah, blah thing..


Seriously..


Ok, rant over. No one can take away my "I'm a runner!" status. Not some silly quote found on twitter. Not anyone who sees me jogging, walking or doing a cross-training workout instead of running..because choose not to run every single day of the week. 

So yeah..silly Simon. Thanks for being the center of my "rant-y" blog and the little fire ant in my pants. I've shaken you loose, flicked you off of me and onward I go...RUNNING.

No comments:

Post a Comment