Friday, February 4, 2011

damn right i did.

yes i did. i got up this morning at my usual 540am time, got dressed, got the "little sidekick" up and rolled on down to the gym. did my stretching, and got on the treadmill..started out really slow and it hurt a little bit, but nothing too terrible. so i figured that i bump it up and start a jog..it actually felt better than walking. so i did that easy pace for awhile and then at halfway through my 30mins, i bumped up the speed a little bit more and finished my time that way. did some cool down walking and then did my arm workout.  it was good. i shocked myself when i was all done and so proud of myself. i guess i walked away feeling pretty badass that i didn't let a broken toe stop me from working out.  :) i know that my calf is really tight and a bit sore, probably from walking a bit differently and compensating for my toe.  i'm not sure if i'm going to workout tomorrow to make up for missing thursday or not..i know that i should rest. i know that i shouldn't even be working out on it right now. i know that i should at least give it a little time to heal.  but if it's buddy taped really well, then what's the problem?  and if it doesn't hurt while i'm running and i ice it a few times a day and take advil, then what's the problem?
either way, i'm SO PROUD of myself for putting my fitness goals/wants as top priority. yes, if my toe hurts then i will stop and take a break. i will listen to my body, so i don't further hurt it and set myself back any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment