Tuesday, February 22, 2011

mulling on the mill.

i love how my mind wanders while i'm running.  i've been thinking about what my next goal will be once these 10wks are up. i'm on week number 8, so i figured i'd better start thinking about it.  and yet..i have no clue.  i had a good run today and yesterday.  although, yesterday my "little sidekick" tried to test me a little bit by figuring out  the latch on the stroller tray. it wouldn't have been so bad since there are straps to hold the little beast in..but in the cup holder part is where i put her cereal to munch on while i workout. so as i see her raising up the tray, i immediately pause the treadmill and disaster was averted....until next time.  although it wasn't attempted again today, which i'm thankful for, i think my days are numbered for having my "sidekick" with me and then i have no clue what i'll do. (which is another story/thought process for another time.)
anyway, i need to start thinking of what my next goal should be and for what duration of time. i'm open to any ideas..so feel free to speak up!
my running toe socks are working out great, with the exception of the broken toe. it's still not 100% so it does hurt a little bit after i'm done, but nothing that i can't handle.  but my left knee has been sore when i've been running and it's noticeable during my run and after..so i'm icing that as i type.  :)
i'm still awaiting my first issue of Runner's World magazine and am quite excited to start reading it.  my passion for running has grown so much that i'm still a bit astonished by it and am not sure i can call myself an official "runner" quite yet.  it seems surreal, i guess.
oh and one last thing..i totally need new shirts to workout in. i've been thinking about this for months now..since the shirts i've been wearing are mostly my husband's t-shirts..army ones, etc.  they're size XL and L, which is definitely not my size and they're getting to be a nuisance. so it's time to find something different to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment