Monday, January 3, 2011

it's new.

i have a new goal for this year. and that's to improve my running, in hopes to one day run in a race. starting with a 5k and then maybe a half marathon next year. those are my tentative long term plans right now.
my short term goal right now is all about the next 10 weeks. i've made a run schedule in excel, printed it out and have it up on the refrigerator. each day i run i'll write in how many miles i ran. my 10wk goal is to be able to run 30mins without stopping. i googled and researched how to do this and be successful, so my plan is going to span over the next 10wks and by the end of that time i WILL be able to run at a good pace for 30min without having to stop.
i started it today and i'm really excited to see the progress i make. one thing that i did make sure that i was conscious of today as i was running, was where my arms were.  i never realized until i read some of the common mistakes made by newer runner is arm placement. i now realize that when i run, my arms tend to be up higher than my waist..which is common to do, i guess.  and i didn't think i was that bad, but today made me think about it alot more. so that's another thing i'm working on. from what i read, arm placement should be no higher than your waist..basically a 90 degree angle.  anything higher is going to end up making you tired quicker.  i'm definitely going to make sure i'm aware of that at all times from now on.  good form in running is crucial..in all aspects. anything i can do to improve is only going to help me in the long run. (ha! no pun intended, but funny nonetheless!)

updates will be coming in on a regular basis with my stats each week with little bits of blog here and there in between!

i'm running into 2011--head on baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment