Tuesday, January 11, 2011

tough tread.

today's workout was hard.  not hard as in a good workout (don't get me wrong it was a good workout) but it was hard as in i had to pretty much work for every single stride i took. i just wasn't into it today. i was really comfy in my bed and tired and just felt like sleeping in. but i didn't! i got up, powered through my run and got it done. it felt good afterwards to write my miles on my schedule. and i know that i would've felt disappointed in myself if i didn't get up and do a good job.  so that's what i did.  but i'm not gonna lie, it was a struggle the entire time.  i just wasn't into it and on days like that..man, it's tough.
i think i am going to get new shoes soon. and then i can rotate them and then probably end up retiring the older pair eventually. sooooo..that's really all i have for an update. i just need to get into a "routine" of sorts and just get used to this new schedule. before i really didn't have a "schedule" that i adhered to, i just made sure i got my workouts in and didn't have a set goal that i was working toward.  and that's what makes it that much harder, but that's what drives me that much more too.
tomorrow is my rest day.  :) yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment