Sunday, January 16, 2011

switch gears?

ok, for the past two weeks i've been doing my running schedule and then trying to get my ab/arm/back workouts in on the weekends. well..that hasn't worked out too well this past weekend, so i'm changing it up this coming week.  i think what i'm going to do every two weeks is have a week where i still run, but for a shorter time and that way i can get my other exercises in as well.  i've gotta compromise my schedule a little bit because i've come to realize over the past weeks that my "little sidekick" isn't so little..and i'm HER schedule..not mine! :)  so i need to be flexible with this (even though my OCD wants to adhere to a rigid schedule..) because if i don't bend a little i'm going to end up ignoring the other workouts, not be happy, etc, etc.  so yeah.  that's what i'm going to do.  just little switching of gears, but nothing major.  and as a wise woman recently told me, "don't forget to cross-train!"

No comments:

Post a Comment