Friday, January 14, 2011

something new.

i tried something new today to help with my "migrating arm" problem. i decided that instead of putting my mp3 player on my arm like i normally do, i'd pull the strap as tight as it would go and slip it around my hand and sort of hold on to it. funny enough, it actually worked! i'm not sure if it was because i was holding it or it forced me to think about it more so i wouldn't drop it or let the armband/mp3 player slip off my hand, but it worked. i did that for the duration of my run. it felt odd at first because i'm so used to having it around my arm, but it felt even better having my arms in the position and at the level they should be at. so i'm definitely going to be trying that again on monday.
as for my total miles this week: 12.16 miles--an improvement from last week! yay!

oh and i won't even go into the whole ordeal of realizing i forgot to wash laundry and had to wear the "granny panties" of workout clothes today..you know what i mean ladies--when you have to wear certain things because you have put off doing laundry!  my "last resort" pair of workout pants--which i found out after putting them on this morning, that they are about 3 sizes too big, with no waistband tie either.  oh and i had to wear a crappy t-shirt given to me by my sister (some promotional shirt) and the shirt is way too short.  oh and i had none of my good running socks clean either.  and apparently i slept all ridiculous because my hair was atrocious looking..sticking up and out all over the place and it's too short to "pullback" or do much of anything with.  needless to say, i was a HOT MESS. and i never go to the gym looking all put together with makeup or anything, but good lord.  a decent fitting pair of pants and shirt along with somewhat cooperative hair is the basic necessities. ahhh...a great end to the week.
i'm hoping to squeeze in a pilates dvd workout tomorrow while the "sidekick" is napping.  we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment