Friday, January 7, 2011

little pain and even littler patience.

today i could've totally skipped my workout due to many reasons..i have a busy day and the baby needed to sleep as much as she could so she's not crabby, the babysitter is coming at 830am, i have numerous appointments today and my left foot is a bit sore. but, i got up at 540am with my alarm anyway!  :)
one because i KNOW that it's part of my run schedule to do 4 days of running and i already had my rest day on tuesday.  and i don't workout on the weekends, except now i'm going to do ab/arm workouts on the weekends since i'm focusing all my attention on my runs during the week. so back to the topic.  i got up, we walked down to the gym and i it was then that i realized i forgot my "sidekick's" snack.  crap! i never forget that and today i did..oh well.  i was hoping that she wouldn't notice and let me get through my workout regardless.  so i'm running and i notice that my foot feels a bit sore.  i'm thinking it's either because i've ran 3 days in a row (pushing myself pretty hard too) or that it's time for some new shoes.  i've been thinking about new shoes for the past few days now just because i know that i've had them since July and i think you're suppose to replace your shoes every so many miles/every 6 months.  idk.  but either way, i'm going to take my rest days this weekend and see what monday brings.  if it's still hurting (it's really just a dull pain, like i pulled something) then i'll be getting new shoes.
so as i was running and my foot was bothering me, my "sidekick" was getting crabbier and crabbier..so i decided to cut my run in half for her sake and mine..both sanity and foot reasons.  :)
at any rate, i did my 4 days this week and i'm happy with that!  i could've totally said, "screw it" today and i didn't.  :)  so that has to count for something!

i'll do another short blog with my tally of miles for this week, which won't be spectacular, but it's my first week on my new schedule and i had to cut today short, so it's to be expected.  hey, that's life.  and that's the life of being a determined solo parent!
tallies to come later, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment