Monday, January 24, 2011

a new week.

i ran 3.25 miles today. it was a good run/jog combination.  my inner left thigh is sore, which means i either needed to stretch a bit more before i ran, or pilates opened some muscles up for me that i hadn't used in awhile. either way, it was a good workout. i'm still nowhere near ready to run at a fast pace for 30mins without stopping, but i'm on my way.  and i'm running more than i have in the past months and pushing myself to run farther and longer, so that makes me proud of myself.  i wish i didn't have my "little sidekick" to attend to, otherwise i'd be able to devote 100% of my attention and focus on my goal, but alas, wishful thinking doesn't make anything better. and i'm doing the best that i can with the situation, so that's all i can ask of myself.
i still need to go and get new running shoes.  i may do that at the end of this week. oh, and i did really great with my arm placement today. i held onto my mp3 player while i ran, so i think that's the key for me until i get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment