Monday, January 10, 2011

week two..whoo!!

i'm starting week two of my new schedule.  and i started off wonderful! a great run/jog that i managed to get 3.03 miles in.  :)  i'm really proud of that because normally i do my 2 miles and focus on the speed, now i'm focusing on stamina and endurance building. distance is still a priority, but not as high as the other two.  i'm also still keeping a watch on my form; mainly my arm placement and i'm happy to report that i'm doing pretty darn good with that thus far.  as long as i'm conscious of where my arms are and how high/low they are, i'm good. and pretty soon keeping them where they need to be (waist level) will become like second nature and i won't have to think about it as often..hopefully! :) and yes, i've fully accepted that "little sidekick" is my tiny obstacle in this whole journey, but even if i do have to stop for a few seconds to attend to her, i refuse to let it ruin my mindset and make me think that i'm failing on my ultimate goal. it is what it is for now and not letting it deter me is all i can do at this point.

oh and my numbers for last week: 9.68 miles (crappy because i had a bad workout on friday that had to get cut short.) but i did get ab/arm work in on saturday and sunday so i'm proud of myself for that. normally, i reserve the weekend for no workouts at all, but it's more than doable for me to get those "tiny" workouts in while "little sidekick" is napping. i may even try to get a pilates session in one of these weekend. i really miss that, but alas..dvd workouts aren't in my routine anymore due to "sidekick" issues. but my pilates dvd may be workable on a low volume.  hmmm..maybe this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment